Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tool 8 Video Resources

My students are really engaged whenever they view video clips. This summer we watched quite a few on sea animals. One of them was a sea horse giving birth to four sea horses. The students counted each one as it was born and then debated whether we had missed one since one appeared to lodged by the coral nearby. The National Geographic magazines were already a favorite... these experiences were priceless!

I liked this clip for many reasons, but the main one is that four year olds participated in making "Caperucita Roja". I would use it to compare other versions of the story and to teach story elements. I would also create a movie of them role playing the story with and without props.



This clip I would use to have students brainstorm how they keep cool on hot days and have them discuss how these animals would keep cool in their own environment.





1 comment:

  1. Love the caperucita roja idea. I did something similar with the 3 little pigs story. I am sure we'll have lots of ideas to share together.:-)

    ReplyDelete