Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

Wow, I cannot believe it is time to reflect on this incredible journey which really has just begun for me. There is so much new technology to embrace. My favorite tools were digital storytelling, image generators and mashups, Jing and Skype. We will be working with Google docs and it will be a great opportunity to collaborate with my team and share ideas. Embracing new ways to teach using technology will help prepare and support our students as they reach upper grade levels. By using technology tools, learning is much more exciting for students since having access to live chats with other classrooms in different parts of the world or viewing videos and pod casts created by students themselves gives them ownership of their assignment and inspires them to take responsibility of their own learning. Their completed project can involve a few students or an entire school or community. To me that is powerful. I praise all the educators for sharing their ideas and findings through their blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment